Yes, you read that right! Rogue Legacy has finally come to mobile!
Rogue Legacy has become a staple in the “roguelike” genre. It was originally released back in 2013 on Steam and eventually made its way to the PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and even the under appreciated PSVITA! So, it’s about time us mobile gamers get some love!
Rogue Legacy: Wanderer Edition has a bunch of new additions to it.
- A brand-new control scheme made specifically for iOS: 20+ custom tweaks and modifications helped us make this as authentic and natural-feeling as possible on touchscreens.
- 2 new minibosses: Battle against the mighty Pantheon Orias – or clash arrows with Barbas the Archer.
- 3 new traits: Synesthesia will leave colors on your screen as you play; Tactile Agnosia will have you scrambling; and being Left-Handed is just… brutal.
- 3 new armor sets: Super tier armors Glass, Azurite and Behemoth can be found in NG+ and above; each one has huge benefits … but they come at a cost.
- 30 new rooms: The pool of unique rooms now exceeds 400!
- 2 new fairy rooms: The pool of unique rooms now exceeds 402!
- New Relic: Hedgehog’s Blessing has been added to the game.
- New bounce platform mechanics: Now optimized for touchscreens!
- New NG+ scaling mechanics: Increase your maximum level with every NG+.
- Complete difficulty rebalance: Is it easier? Is it harder? Honestly, it’s easier.
- Remember: You’re playing this game on the go – and under less than ideal situations.
- Cloud saving: Switch between your iPad and iPhone seamlessly. You could go to Mars! Mars has clouds right?
- Play your way: Includes support for English, French, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, Polish, and Simplified Chinese.
“The development of Rogue Legacy: Wanderer Edition was a product of curiosity. A trusted friend contacted us saying he knew someone who wanted to port Rogue Legacy to mobile for us. We were asked by other studios to do the port, but we always declined because we felt that the control scheme just wouldn’t be any good. But this was different because we’d be working with Caleb – and we were going to be completely hands on. So we accepted … and got to work!”
– Kenny Lee (Co-Founder & Lead Programmer, Cellar Door Games)
You can get Rogue Legacy Wanderer Edition for $.99 from now until August 12. After that, it goes back to $3.99.